- PH Embassy makes move to strengthen engagement with CSOs in Bangladesh
- PH Embassy visit to the CORR-The Jute Works Workshop and Showroom
- Philippine Embassy joins the 25th World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT 2021)
- Philippine Ambassador H.E. Alan L. Deniega Presents his Letter of Credence to H.E. Ibrahim Mohamed Solih, President of the Republic of Maldives
More inLatest News
The Department of Foreign Affairs – Overseas Voting Secretariat (DFA- OVS) reminds all overseas Filipinos that the deadline for transferring overseas voter records back to the Philippines is on 31 August 2021.
Meanwhile, Filipinos who will be abroad from 10 April – 09 May 2022 are encouraged to register as overseas voters before the 30 September 2021 registration deadline.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Filipinos who are experiencing difficulties traveling to the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate for voter registration/ voter record concerns may avail of the COMELEC-Office for Overseas Voting’s (OFOV) Virtual Frontline Services (VFS). The VFS, however, pertains only to transactions where the applicant has existing voter registration records with complete biometric data such as:
1. Certification as an overseas voter (this pertains to those who have existing voter records in the Philippines and are now applying to vote abroad);
2. Reactivation of Overseas Voter Registration Records (OVRRs);
3. Updating of addresses and contact information; and
4. Transfer of voting records between different international locations and from overseas back to the Philippines.
Interested VFS applicants can fill out their application form (OVF-1) by using the i-Rehistro system on COMELEC’s website https://irehistro.comelec.gov.ph/irehistro/ovf1 and submit the scanned copy of their duly accomplished OVF-1 to COMELEC-OFOV:
• by Facebook Messenger via https://fb.com/overseasvotingph
Upon receipt of the application, COMELEC-OFOV will schedule a videoconference with the applicant for identity verification and oath taking.
However, new registrants as overseas voters and those whose biometric data have yet to be captured are required to set an appointment and personally appear at their nearest Embassy or Consulate. The directory of Philippine Embassies and Consulates may be accessed through this link: https://dfa.gov.ph/.../dfa.../our-foreign-service-posts-dfa.
Let’s continue to strengthen our democracy. It’s our right and duty. REGISTER AND VOTE!